RiverFest & Craft Show is coming to Historic Occoquan June 4 & 5, creating a dynamic new craft show event that springboards from our traditional Spring craft show and also celebrates the historic town’s natural beauty along the Occoquan River!
RiverFest & Craft Show 2022 will feature a full two days of activities for all ages, including live entertainment, great food, arts & crafts, a beer garden, Conservation Alley, and a whole host of river activities.
A wide variety of sponsorships and advertising opportunities are also available for RiverFest & Craft Show. For more information, see our Sponsor page.
Interested vendors should submit the criteria information requested below along with a minimum of three (3) photos of your items and one (1) of your booth display. Entries will be juried and categories will be limited. Vendors must commit for the entire weekend.
Booth Size: 1 (one) 10 x 10 space
Location: Historic District, Occoquan, Virginia
Fee for the weekend: see chart below
Satellite parking with shuttle: Free
In-town parking: $75, sold out
Jury fee: included
- Applicants are subject to the jury process on a first come, first served basis and considered regularly until the category is full.
- To be accepted into the Crafter/Artist category, all work must be original, handmade, and created by the artist. (Applicants acknowledge the handcrafted nature of their own products by completing the application.) Jury photos may be used in promotional materials.
- The screening panel makes its determination on the basis of the artist’s application and images.
- Jurying criteria includes artistic quality, uniqueness, and craftsmanship.
- Please allow 30 days for the selection process.
Checklist to Apply
- Submit 4 photos: 3 photos of your work, 1 photo of your display space. Photos are accepted electronically via the Google application.
- Images should accurately represent only the work that will be sold/displayed.
- Please note any specific requests that you may have on the application form. Requests are considered, but not guaranteed.
- Payment for the space completes your application.
Vendor Booth Payment
- Vendor fee is nonrefundable unless the application is not accepted, or the event is cancelled due to conditions related to health and safety.
- Checks will be deposited upon receipt, but this does not necessarily indicate acceptance into the market.
- Please note the 3% nonrefundable service fee to use PayPal is included in the rate at check out. Vendors may also pay by check by mailing their fees to PO Box 195, Occoquan, VA 22125.
Vendor Booth PricingAll vendor booths are 10’X10′ spaces.
|RiverFest 2022||Early Bird||Regular Rate||Premium Rate|
|Deadlines||thru Jan 1, 2022||Jan 1-April 30||May 1-June 3|
Special Pricing for In-Town BusinessesIn-town businesses will continue to receive a discounted price of $125 for a 10’X10′ booth in front of or near your storefront. Please indicate your preferred space on your application; space requests are not guaranteed, but every effort will be made to accommodate merchant space requests. Submit applications early to reserve the space in front of your business.
Category DescriptionsCrafters/Artists Category: All work must be original, handmade, and created by the artist. No t-shirts, imported merchandise or any resale items are allowed in this category. Vendors acknowledge the handcrafted nature of their own products by completing this application. Early entrants’ artwork may be featured in promotional materials.
- Registration is not complete without submitted photos, full payment, and a signed application.
- See link on this page if paying via PayPal or call Town Hall during business hours to give your credit information over the phone.
- If paying with check or money order, make payable to TOWN OF OCCOQUAN.
- Checks will be deposited immediately upon receipt. A deposited check/accepted funds does not guarantee placement. Booth fee payments will be returned to vendors not accepted into the show.
- A $35 fee will be charged each time a check is returned for insufficient funds.
- Checks will be accepted for payment up to two weeks before the event date. After that, credit card, cash, or cashier’s check are required.
Payment via Paypal*Payments made through PayPal incur a nonrefundable 3% service charge which is included in the checkout amount listed.
Pay by Phone or MailPayments can be made by phone, provided an application has been submitted. Call 703-491-1918 to make a payment by phone. Payments made by phone are subject to a 3% service charge.
Event ProgramThis year, we are providing to all patrons a free multipage color booklet to navigate the festival. Advertising in this program enables vendors to directly reach the thousands of RiverFest patrons. To learn about program advertising opportunities, click here.
In-Town Parking Space ReservationsSOLD OUT As this is an outdoor event that takes place along the Town’s streets, parking and vehicle access is restricted within the Town during the show. Most vendors use our free shuttle service for satellite parking, but there are also two convenient parking areas in town for use by vendors that are within the show area. Spots are very limited and are reserved on a first come, first serve basis. If you would like to reserve a parking spot, please indicate the request on your application and pay the $75 reservation fee in addition to the booth space fee. Because our spaces are small, trucks with trailers will need to unhitch and will require two parking spaces. Please note: Once a vehicle is parked in the lot, it must stay for the duration of the show each day until security deems the streets cleared of pedestrian traffic. Parking fees are not refunded once the application has been accepted.
Food VendorsFood Vendors are responsible for all required Prince William County Health Department permits and compliance with regulations. For health permit applications and regulations, please contact: Prince William County Health District Division of Environmental Services 8470 Kao Circle Manassas, VA 20110 Phone: 703-792-6298
The RiverFest & Craft Show will be open to the public from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, and from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday. Visitors will park at designated lots (see below) and will be transported by shuttle into Town to attend the show. RiverFest & Craft Show will take place RAIN OR SHINE.
Complimentary coffee and pastries will be served at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday and 8:00 a.m. on Sunday in the Occoquan Town Hall basement, located at 314 Mill Street. We’d love to see you there!
Restrooms and Breaks
A variety of food vendors and portable restrooms will be located throughout the event area for your convenience. Show volunteers are identifiable with designated t-shirts and will be available to assist you should you need to take a break. A booth sitter will watch your booth to prevent theft and inform customers you will return shortly; however, they will not conduct transactions on your behalf.
The Town will provide overnight security to patrol the streets. You do not have to clear your site Saturday evening, but the Town is not responsible for securing individual tents or properties. The Town police will be in contact with local weather authorities and notify the Events and Community Development Director of significant weather affecting the show.
A First Aid Station will be located near the church on the corner of Commerce and Washington Streets at the main entrance to the show. In case of emergency, call 9-1-1. Evacuation Map
If you need to contact a show official prior to the start of the show, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Julie Little, Events and Community Development Director, at (703) 491-2168.
Vendors may freely park at designated satellite lots and will be transported by shuttle into Town. Each vendor will be allocated a Vendor Shuttle Bus Pass for this purpose. The shuttle will begin at 7 a.m. and will end approximately 1 hour after the show ends.
Alternatively, limited in-town parking is available in vendor-designated parking lots within the event area. These spaces are available for rent in the application process or through the Event Director on a first come, first serve basis. Once a vehicle is parked in any of these lots, it must stay for the duration of the show each day until security deems the streets cleared of pedestrian traffic. Spots are limited. A parking permit will be allocated to those who choose to rent a space. Anyone who parks in these designated spots without a permit will be towed.
Also, no parking is permitted on Town streets, alleys, and driveways during the craft show.
Staying in Northern VA
There are a number of AirBnbs in Occoquan. See their website for details on specific accommodations.
- Vendors may exhibit and sell only products that were represented and accepted by the selection panel.
- While vendors may cancel at any time, there are no refunds once a vendor has been accepted into the market unless the market is cancelled for reasons of health and safety.
- Vendors must participate and tables must be staffed for the full duration of the show.
- Each vendor may only sell one medium per booth space.
- This is an outdoor show that takes place rain or shine. Each vendor is responsible for their own display materials. Tents, tables, and chairs are not provided. Electricity is not available but quiet generators are accepted.
- All work and displays must stay within the vendor’s designated spot. No boxes, extra merchandise, or debris should be visible. The assigned area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards.
- There is no smoking in tents allowed. No dogs but service animals.
- Vendors may not distribute material outside of their designated booth space or loudly solicit visitors into their exhibit space.
- Trash dumpsters, recycling and garbage cans are provided for vendor use. Vendors may not leave garbage on the ground or stacked near the booth space.
- It is recommended that vendors carry their own insurance policy to cover their actions. The Town of Occoquan is not responsible for loss or damage to exhibitors or vendors.
- Rude, obscene, or abusive language and/or threatening or actual physical restraint and/or abuse of another vendor, staff, or general public is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate removal and banishment from participation in future shows.
- The Events Director will have the final decision on acceptance and denials of applications, as well as placement and category of vendor booths.
- All local laws must be followed.