Vendor Information for the RiverFest & Crafts Show
June 4 & 5, 2021
Below is helpful information for all exhibitors participating in RiverFest & Crafts Show. This information is emailed to all participants once accepted in the show, along with information on your specific booth location.
Please make note of the show’s policies below; all rules and regulations must be followed by all participants.
The RiverFest & Craft Show will be open to the public from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, and from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday. Visitors will park at designated lots (see below) and will be transported by shuttle into Town to attend the show. RiverFest & Craft Show will take place RAIN OR SHINE.
Complimentary coffee and pastries will be served at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday and 8:00 a.m. on Sunday in the Occoquan Town Hall basement, located at 314 Mill Street. We’d love to see you there!
Restrooms and Breaks
A variety of food vendors and portable restrooms will be located throughout the event area for your convenience. Show volunteers are identifiable with designated t-shirts and will be available to assist you should you need to take a break. A booth sitter will watch your booth to prevent theft and inform customers you will return shortly; however, they will not conduct transactions on your behalf.
The Town will provide overnight security to patrol the streets. You do not have to clear your site Saturday evening, but the Town is not responsible for securing individual tents or properties. The Town police will be in contact with local weather authorities and notify the Events and Community Development Director of significant weather affecting the show.
A First Aid Station will be located near the church on the corner of Commerce and Washington Streets at the main entrance to the show. In case of emergency, call 9-1-1. Evacuation Map
If you need to contact a show official prior to the start of the show, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Julie Little, Events and Community Development Director, at (703) 491-2168.
Vendors may freely park at designated lots listed below and will be transported by shuttle into Town. Each vendor will be allocated a Vendor Shuttle Bus Pass for this purpose. The shuttle will begin at 7 a.m. and will end approximately 1 hour after the show ends.
123 Commuter Lot
Corner of Route 123 & Old Bridge Road, Woodbridge
Drop off/Pick Up at Footbridge by River Mill Park
Lake Ridge Commuter Lot
Corner of Old Bridge & Minnieville Roads, Woodbridge
Drop off/Pick Up located at Mom’s Apple Pie
Yellow Lot :
Workhouse Arts Center
9518 Workhouse Rd, Lorton
Drop off/Pick Up under the Rt 123 Bridge
Alternatively, limited in-town parking is available in two vendor-designated parking lots within the event area. These spaces are available for rent on the application or through the Event Director on a first come, first serve basis. Once a vehicle is parked in any of these lots, it must stay for the duration of the show each day until security deems the streets cleared of pedestrian traffic. Spots are limited. A parking permit will be allocated to those who choose to rent a space. Anyone who parks in these designated spots without a permit will be towed.
Also, no parking is permitted on Town streets, alleys, and driveways during the craft show.
Staying in Northern VA
There are a number of AirBnbs in Occoquan. See their website for details on specific accommodations.
Vendor Booth Pricing
All vendor booths are 10’X10′ spaces.
|RiverFest 2022||Early Bird||Regular Rate||Premium Rate|
|Deadlines||now thru Jan 1, 2022||Jan 1-April 30||May 1-June 3|
Special Pricing for In-Town Businesses
In-town businesses will continue to receive a discounted price of $125 for a 10’X10′ booth in front of or near your storefront. Please indicate your preferred space on your application; space requests are not guaranteed, but every effort will be made to accommodate merchant space requests. Submit applications by May 1 to reserve the space in front of your business.
Applications are online here
Crafters/Artists Category: Artisans and Crafters who create their own product.
Direct Sales: Direct Sales reps and independent designers with ethically sourced or lightly manufactured goods that fit into the show aesthetic should also submit in this category.
Commercial Category: Businesses that do not make their own product. Note: Commercial product vendors must have tangible products (not services) for sale at the event.
Town Business: This category is for those who operate a business within the Town of Occoquan’s corporate limits.
Food Truck Category: Submit in this category if you cook and serve food from a completely self-contained food truck.
Food Tent Category: Apply in this category if you want to cook and serve food for consumption on the premises. This category includes a $200 refundable clean-up fee, payable at the time of application. Note: This category does not include selling prepackaged foods that are not cooked and served on site for immediate consumption.)
Non-Profit Category: This category is for non-profit (501c3) organizations. Proof of non-profit status is required. Booth spaces for political parties are no longer available.
In-Town Parking Space Reservations
As this is an outdoor event that takes place along the Town’s streets, parking and vehicle access is restricted within the Town during the show. Most vendors use our shuttle service, but the Town has also reserved two parking areas in town for use by vendors that are within the show area. Once a vehicle is parked in the lot, it must stay for the duration of the show each day until security deems the streets cleared of pedestrian traffic. Spots are very limited and are reserved on a first come, first serve basis. If you would like to reserve a parking spot, please indicate the request on your application and pay the $75 reservation fee in addition to the booth space fee. Trucks with trailers will require two parking spaces.
Food Vendors are responsible for all required Prince William County Health Department permits and compliance with regulations. For health permit applications and regulations, please contact:
Prince William County Health District
Division of Environmental Services
9301 Lee Avenue
Manassas, VA 20110
Placement in the show will be made once full payment has been received. A deposited check/accepted funds does not guarantee placement. If you are not accepted into the show, you will be notified and your payment will be refunded in full.
*Payments made through PayPal incur a 3% service charge which is included in the checkout amount listed.
Pay by Phone or Mail
Payments can be made by phone, provided an application has been submitted. Call 703-491-1918 to make a payment by phone. Payments made by phone are subject to a 3% service charge.
To mail a payment, make checks payable to the Town of Occoquan and mail to RiverFest & Crafts Show, PO Box 258, Occoquan, VA 22125. Cash or check payments do not include PayPal service fees.
Once an application has been completed online, payments may be dropped off at Town Hall, 314 Mill Street, M-F, 9 am to 4 pm or dropped in the overnight drop box located on the front of Town Hall.
Policies and Procedures, please read
- Vendors may exhibit and sell only products that were represented and accepted by the show committee.
- While vendors may cancel at any time, there are no refunds once a vendor has been accepted into the market unless the show is canceled for health or safety.
- Vendors must participate and tables must be staffed for the full duration of the show.
- Each vendor may only sell one medium per booth space.
- This is an outdoor show that takes place rain or shine along the river in Occoquan, VA. As such, the Town is unable to guarantee level display space and each vendor is responsible for their own display materials. Tents, tables, and chairs are not provided. Electricity is not available and loud generators are not allowed.
- All work and displays must stay within the vendor’s designated spot. No boxes, extra merchandise, or debris should be visible. The assigned area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards.
- There is no smoking in tents allowed. No dogs but service animals.
- Vendors may not distribute material outside of their designated booth space or loudly solicit visitors into their exhibit space.
- Trash dumpsters, recycling dumpsters and garbage cans are provided for vendor use. Vendors may not leave garbage on the ground, in a box or neatly stacked near the booth space.
- It is recommended that vendors carry their own insurance policy to cover their actions. The Town of Occoquan is not responsible for loss or damage to exhibitors or vendors.
- Rude, obscene, or abusive language and/or threatening or actual physical restraint and/or abuse of another vendor, staff, or general public is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate removal and banishment from participation in future shows.
- The Events Director will have the final decision on acceptance and denials of applications, as well as placement and category of vendor booths.
- All local laws must be followed.
As the show is conducted within the streets of a municipality, please take note of some considerations.
- Roads in the historic district may not be closed until 2 a.m. Therefore, some booth spaces may not be available for vendor set up until that time.
- If spaces are available for set up, exhibitors may begin setting up after 8 p.m. on Friday night in designated areas only.
- Vendors may also set up Saturday morning but note ALL CARS need to be removed from town streets NO LATER THAN 8:00AM.
- Unload as quickly as possible, remove your vehicle from Town streets and then proceed with setting up your booth.
- All spaces are 10X10 and clearly marked; tents must be placed within the red dots located on the curb. All boxes, tents, and merchandise must be within the designated 10X10 space.
- Vendors are responsible for their own shade, rain gear, chairs, set-up, tent weights, leveling devices and any other items needed as part of an outdoor event. As this is an outdoor show and unexpected weather situations do occur, all tents must be weighted.
If you have to close your booth early Saturday or Sunday for any reason, notify the Events Director for approval in advance.
- Completely break down your exhibit PRIOR to bringing your vehicle into Town. Pull back from the street, i.e., pack stock, collapse tents, tables and display stands, then bring vehicle into Town.
- Please cooperate with all Traffic Director requests.
Questions or need more information? Contact the Craft Show Director at (703) 491-1918.
Our goal is a successful and pleasant experience for all: exhibitors, vendors, merchants, and the public! Thank you for your cooperation, and have an enjoyable weekend in Occoquan!