Welcome to the Occoquan Fall Arts & Crafts Show!
September 25 & 26, 2021
Below is helpful information for all exhibitors participating in Occoquan Fall Arts & Crafts Show. This information is emailed to all participants once accepted in the show, along with information on your specific booth location.
Please make note of the show’s policies below; all rules and regulations must be followed by all participants.
The Fall Arts & Craft Show will be open to the public from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, and from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday. Visitors will park at the designated lots (see below) and will be transported by shuttle into Town to attend the show. The Town Hall bell will indicate the start and end of each day’s show, as well as any emergency situation including weather warnings during the show. The Fall Arts & Craft Show will take place RAIN OR SHINE.
The Town will provide overnight security to patrol the streets. You do not have to clear your site Saturday evening, but the Town is not responsible for securing individual tents or properties. The Town police will be in contact with local weather authorities and notify the Events and Community Development Director of significant weather affecting the show.
Complimentary coffee and pastries will be served at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, and at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday in the Occoquan Town Hall basement, located at 314 Mill Street. We’d love to see you there!
RESTROOMS AND BREAKS
A variety of food vendors and portable restrooms will be located throughout the event area for your convenience. Show volunteers are identifiable with designated t-shirts and will be available to assist you should you need to take a break. A booth sitter will watch your booth to prevent theft and inform customers you will return shortly; however, they will not conduct transactions on your behalf.
A First Aid Station will be located near the church on the corner of Commerce and Washington Streets at the main entrance to the show. In case of emergency, call 9-1-1. Evacuation Map
If you need to contact a show official prior to the start of the show, email email@example.com or call Julie Little, Events and Community Development Director, at (703) 491-2168.
Vendors may freely park at designated lots listed below and will be transported by shuttle into Town. Each vendor will be allocated a Vendor Shuttle Bus Pass for this purpose. The shuttle will begin at 7 a.m. and will end approximately 1 hour after the show ends.
123 Commuter Lot
Corner of Route 123 & Old Bridge Road, Woodbridge
Drop off/Pick Up at Footbridge by River Mill Park
Lake Ridge Commuter Lot
Corner of Old Bridge & Minnieville Roads, Woodbridge
Drop off/Pick Up located at Mom’s Apple Pie
I-95 Commuter Lot
Just off I-95 and Route 123, Woodbridge
Drop off/Pick Up located at Mom’s Apple Pie
Workhouse Arts Center
9518 Workhouse Rd, Lorton
Drop off/Pick Up under the Rt 123 Bridge
Alternatively, limited in-town parking is available in two vendor-designated parking lots within the event area. These spaces are available for rent on the application or through the Event Director on a first come, first serve basis. Once a vehicle is parked in any of these lots, it must stay for the duration of the show each day until security deems the streets cleared of pedestrian traffic. Spots are very limited. A parking permit will be allocated to those who choose to rent a space. Anyone who parks in these designated spots without a permit will be towed.
Also, no parking is permitted on Town streets, alleys, and driveways during the craft show.
STAYING IN NORTHERN VA
There are a number of AirBnbs in Occoquan. See their website for details on specific accommodations.
Special rates are also available at area hotels:
- While vendors may cancel at any time, once accepted, there are no refunds for application fees unless the show is canceled.
- This outdoor event is held RAIN or SHINE.
- Booth space numbers are not guaranteed from year to year.
- Each vendor is responsible for their own display materials. Tents, tables, and chairs are not provided. There is no electricity or water provided to vendors by the Town.
- Only artists accepted into the show are permitted to participate. Subletting, selling, or giving space to anyone is not permitted.
- Vendors may only exhibit the craft medium for which they were selected.
- Vendors must participate and have their tables staffed for both days for the full duration of the show. Unless prior approval is granted, those who fail to participate for the full duration of the show will be banned from future shows.
- Vendors may not distribute material outside of their designated booth space and are not permitted to loudly solicit visitors into their exhibit space. Amplified music is not permitted, with the exception of entertainment contracted by the Event Director.
- All work and displays must stay within the designated booth space. No boxes, extra merchandise or debris should be visible.
- Exhibitors are expected to clean up and dispose of trash around their site throughout the day and each evening before leaving. Those in violation of this rule will be fined a $200 clean-up fee. For Food Exhibitors, deposits will be held until cleanup is reviewed and approved by the Event Director.
- No vehicle traffic is permitted in the show area on between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Please follow the direction of public safety officials and show personnel during load-in and load-out operations.
- There is no smoking in tent spaces. Pets must be leashed within the tent space and must not be a nuisance to other vendors or show patrons.
- Rude, aggressive, obscene, or abusive language and/or threatening or actual physical restraint and/or abuse of another vendor, staff, or general public is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate removal and banishment from participation in future shows.
- Follow directions of show personnel, clearly identifiable in marked attire and/or vests.
- All local laws must be followed.
- Exhibitors may begin setting up after 9:00 p.m. on Friday night, provided no vehicles are blocking their site. Vendors are not permitted to enter businesses to request patrons or employees to move their vehicles to allow set up prior to official road closures. Roads will be officially closed to vehicular traffic at 2 a.m. on Saturday morning. You may also set up Saturday morning but note ALL CARS need to be removed from town NO LATER THAN 8:00AM.
- Unload as quickly as possible, remove your vehicle from the Town and then proceed with setting up your booth. Please show courtesy to your fellow exhibitors.
- Set exhibits as far back from the center of the street as possible, but do not block sidewalk or “creep” into the street. Walkways, corners, and sidewalks must be kept open for access to shops, to facilitate foot traffic and to provide emergency access.
- All spaces are 10X10 and clearly marked on the curb; tents must be placed within the red dots located on the curb. All boxes, tents, and merchandise must be within the designated 10X10 space.
- Only one vehicle per exhibitor will be allowed in Town at a time.
- Vendors are responsible for their own shade, rain gear, chairs, set-up, tent weights, leveling devices and any other items needed as part of an outdoor event. All tents must be weighted.
For questions or further information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-491-2168.
Our goal is a successful and pleasant experience for all: exhibitors, vendors, merchants, and the public! Thank you for your cooperation, and have an enjoyable weekend in Occoquan!