Occoquan Holiday Market
The HolidayFest Artisan Market in Occoquan will be hosted in River Mill Park along the beautiful Occoquan River where the Town will also host a number of holiday festivities to coincide with the market, such as caroling, cocoa, and visits with Santa! We anticipate a sleek and distinct holiday market individually curated from the work of juried artisans.
December 4, 11 am to 8 pm
December 5, 11 am to 4 pm
Please submit the criteria information requested below along with a minimum of 3 photos of your items and 1 of your booth display. Deadline for submitting an application is September 30, 2021. You will be informed of
your status by October 31, 2021. Entries will be juried and categories will be limited. Spaces are limited in the park.
Booth Size: 1 (one) 10 x 10 space
Location: River Mill Park, Occoquan, Virginia
Parking: within walking distance of site, included
Jury fee: included
The application is online here.
All work must be original, handmade, and created by the artist. Vendors acknowledge the handcrafted nature of their own products by completing this application. No imported products, please.
September 30, 2021
Policies and Procedures
Applicants are subject to the jury process on a first come, first served basis. All work must be original, handmade, and created by the artist. Vendors acknowledge the handcrafted nature of their own products by completing this application. Jury photos may be used in promotional materials.
- Applications are juried on a first come basis; considered regularly until market is full.
- The screening panel makes its determination on the basis of the artist’s application and images.
- Jurying criteria includes artistic quality, uniqueness, and craftsmanship.
- For better representation to the jury, please include a description of craft, process, and materials.
- Please allow 30 days for the jury process.
Check list to apply:
- Submit 4 photos: 3 photos of your work, 1 photo of your display space. Photos are accepted electronically. Alternatively, photos may be mailed with an application.
- Images should accurately represent only the work that will be sold/displayed.
- On a separate piece of paper, describe your work. Tell us how your work is unique.
- Please note any specific requests that you may have on the application form. Requests are considered, but not guaranteed.
- Include payment to complete your application. Checks will be deposited upon receipt, but this does not necessarily indicate acceptance into the market.
- For placement purposes, please indicate on the application whether you plan to bring a quiet generator.
Jury committee reserves the right to re-categorize an artist’s submission and the artist will be notified of any changes.
- Bath and Body
- Ceramics, Pottery, & Glass
- Digital Art
- Fine Arts
- Gourmet Food Products
- Mixed Media
The following items are not accepted at the HolidayFest Artisan Market:
- No direct sales.
- No imported merchandise.
- No T-shirts or commercial clothing.
- Artists may exhibit and sell only products that were represented and accepted by the jurying committee.
- While vendors may cancel at any time, there are no refunds once a vendor has been accepted into the market unless the market is cancelled for reasons of health and safety.
- Vendors must participate and tables must be staffed for the full duration of the market.
- Each vendor may only sell one medium per booth space.
- This is an outdoor market that takes place rain or shine along the river in Occoquan, VA. Each vendor is responsible for their own display materials. Tents, tables, and chairs are not provided. Electricity is not available but quiet generators are accepted.
- All work and displays must stay within the vendor’s designated spot. No boxes, extra merchandise, or debris should be visible. The assigned area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards.
- There is no smoking in tents allowed. No dogs but service animals.
- • Vendors may not distribute material outside of their designated booth space or loudly solicit visitors into their exhibit space.
- Trash dumpsters, recycling and garbage cans are provided for vendor use. Vendors may not leave garbage on the ground, in a box or neatly stacked near the booth space.
- It is recommended that vendors carry their own insurance policy to cover their actions. The Town of Occoquan is not responsible for loss or damage to exhibitors or vendors.
- Rude, obscene, or abusive language and/or threatening or actual physical restraint and/or abuse of another vendor, staff, or general public is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate removal and banishment from participation in future shows.
- The Events Director will have the final decision on acceptance and denials of applications, as well as placement and category of vendor booths.
- All local laws must be followed.
- Registration is not complete without submitted photos, full payment, and a signed application.
- If paying with credit card, please visit and follow the directions to pay via PayPal or call Town Hall during business hours to give your credit information over the phone.
- If paying with check or money order, make payable to TOWN OF OCCOQUAN.
- Booth fee payments will be returned to vendors not accepted into the show. A $35 fee will be charged each time a check is returned for insufficient funds. Checks will be accepted for payment up to two weeks before the event date. After that, credit card, cash, or cashier’s check are required.
Questions or need more information? Contact the Craft Show Director at (703) 491-1918.
Our goal is a successful and pleasant experience for all: exhibitors, vendors, merchants, and the public! Thank you for your cooperation, and have an enjoyable weekend in Occoquan!