Occoquan Fall Arts & Crafts Show
September 24, 2022, 10 am to 5 pm
September 25, 2022, 10 am to 5 pm
Interested vendors should submit the criteria information requested below along with a minimum of 3 photos of your items and 1 of your booth display. Entries will be juried and categories will be limited. Vendors must commit for the entire weekend.
Booth Size: 1 (one) 10 x 10 space
Location: Historic District, Occoquan, Virginia
Fee for the weekend: see chart
Satellite parking with shuttle: free
In-town parking: $75
Jury fee: included
The application process is now closed for the Fall Arts & Crafts Show.
Vendor Booth Pricing
Special Pricing for In-Town BusinessesIn-town businesses will continue to receive a discounted price of $125 for a 10’X10′ booth in front of or near your storefront. Please indicate your preferred space on your application; space requests are not guaranteed, but every effort will be made to accommodate merchant space requests. Submit applications early to reserve the space in front of your business. Limit: 2 booths.
Category DescriptionsCrafters/Artists: All work must be original, handmade, and created by the artist. No t-shirts, imported merchandise or any resale items are allowed in this category. Vendors acknowledge the handcrafted nature of their own products by completing this application. Early entrants’ artwork may be featured in promotional materials.
Commercial: Direct Sales reps and independent designers with ethically sourced or lightly manufactured goods that fit into the show aesthetic should also submit in this category.
Town Business: This category is for those who operate a business within the Town of Occoquan’s corporate limits and have a current business license. Limit: 2 booths.
Food Truck Category: Submit in this category if you cook and serve food from a completely self-contained food truck.
Food Tent Category: Apply in this category if you want to cook and serve food for consumption on the premises. This category includes a $200 refundable clean-up fee, payable at the time of application. Note: This category does not include selling prepackaged foods that are not cooked and served on site for immediate consumption.)
Non-Profit Category: This category is for non-profit (501c3) organizations. Proof of non-profit status is required. Booth spaces for political parties are no longer available.
- Registration is not complete without submitted photos, full payment, and a signed application.
- See link on this page if paying via PayPal or call Town Hall during business hours to give your credit information over the phone.
- If paying with check or money order, make payable to TOWN OF OCCOQUAN.
- Checks will be deposited immediately upon receipt. A deposited check/accepted funds does not guarantee placement. Booth fee payments will be returned to vendors not accepted into the show.
- A $35 fee will be charged each time a check is returned for insufficient funds.
- Checks will be accepted for payment up to two weeks before the event date. After that, credit card, cash, or cashier’s check are required.
Payment via PayPalPlease list the business name when using PayPal and note the nonrefundable 3% service fee included in the rates.
Pay by Phone or MailPayments can be made by phone, provided an application has been submitted. Call 703-491-1918 to make a payment by phone. Payments made by phone are subject to a 3% service charge. To mail a payment, make checks payable to the Town of Occoquan and mail to Fall Arts & Crafts Show, PO Box 195, Occoquan, VA 22125. Cash or check payments do not include PayPal service fees. Once an application has been completed online, payments may be dropped off at Town Hall, 314 Mill Street, M-F, 9 am to 4 pm or dropped in the overnight drop box located on the front of Town Hall.
In-Town Parking Space ReservationsAs this is an outdoor event that takes place along the Town’s streets, parking and vehicle access is restricted within the Town during the show. Most vendors use our free shuttle service for satellite parking, but there are also two convenient parking areas in town for use by vendors that are within the show area. Spots are very limited and are reserved on a first come, first serve basis. If you would like to reserve a parking spot, please indicate the request on your application and pay the $75 reservation fee in addition to the booth space fee. Because our spaces are small, trucks with trailers will need to unhitch and will require two parking spaces. Please note: Once a vehicle is parked in the lot, it must stay for the duration of the show each day until security deems the streets cleared of pedestrian traffic.
Food VendorsFood Vendors and, as of June 2022, any Gourmet Food vendors that offer samples, are responsible for all required Prince William County Health Department permits and compliance with regulations. For health permit applications and regulations, please contact: Prince William County Health District Division of Environmental Services 8470 Kao Circle Manassas, VA 20110 Phone: 703-792-6298
- While vendors may cancel at any time, there are no refunds and no transfers from one show to another.
- No booth spaces are ever guaranteed from year to year.
- This is an outdoor event and is held rain or shine.
- Vendors are responsible for their own power, internet connection, shade, tent, tables, chairs, weights, leveling devices, rain gear, and any other items needed as part of an outdoor event.
- All tents must be weighted to prevent them from blowing during a gust.
- Only vendors accepted into this show are permitted to participate. Sharing space with anyone is not permitted.
- Vendors may only exhibit the craft medium for which they were selected.
- Activities and displays must be appropriately family-friendly and are allowed (or not) at the discretion of the director.
- Vendors must participate and have their tables staffed for both days for the full duration of the show.
- Vendors may not distribute material outside of their designated booth space and are not permitted to loudly solicit visitors into their exhibit space. Amplified music is not permitted, with the exception of entertainment contracted by the Event Director.
- All work and displays must stay within the designated booth space. No boxes, extra merchandise or debris should be visible.
- Each exhibitor is expected to clean up and dispose of their own trash throughout the day and each evening before leaving. The Town does not provide trash service for empty vendor boxes and other trash.
- No vehicle traffic is permitted in the show area on Saturday between 8:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. and on Sunday between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- There is no smoking in tent spaces. Pets must be leashed within the tent space and must not be a nuisance to other vendors or show patrons.
- Rude, aggressive, obscene, or abusive language and/or threatening or actual physical restraint and/or abuse of another vendor, staff, or general public is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate removal and banishment from participation in future shows.
- Follow directions of show personnel, clearly identifiable in marked attire and/or vests.
- All local laws must be followed.
The Fall Arts & Crafts Show will be open to the public from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, and from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday. Visitors will park at designated lots and will be transported by shuttle into Town to attend the show. The Fall Arts & Crafts Show will take place RAIN OR SHINE.
Complimentary coffee and pastries will be served at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday and 8:00 a.m. on Sunday at Town Hall, located at 314 Mill Street. We’d love to see you there!
Restrooms and Breaks
A variety of food vendors and portable restrooms will be located throughout the event area for your convenience. Show volunteers are identifiable with designated t-shirts and will be available to assist you should you need to take a break. A booth sitter will watch your booth to prevent theft and inform customers you will return shortly; however, they will not conduct transactions on your behalf.
The Town will provide overnight security to patrol the streets. You do not have to clear your site Saturday evening, but the Town is not responsible for securing individual tents or properties. The Town police will be in contact with local weather authorities and notify the Events and Community Development Director of significant weather affecting the show.
A First Aid Station will be located near the church on the corner of Commerce and Washington Streets at the main entrance to the show. In case of emergency, call 9-1-1.
If you need to contact a show official prior to the start of the show, email email@example.com or call Julie Little, Events and Community Development Director, at (703) 491-2168.
Vendors may freely park at designated lots listed below and will be transported by shuttle into Town. Each vendor will be allocated a Vendor Shuttle Bus Pass for this purpose. The shuttle will begin at 7 a.m. and will end approximately 1 hour after the show ends.
Alternatively, limited in-town parking is available in vendor-designated parking lots within the event area. These spaces are available for rent on a limited, first come, first serve basis. Once a vehicle is parked in any of these lots, it must stay for the duration of the show each day until security deems the streets cleared of pedestrian traffic. A parking permit will be allocated to those who choose to rent a space. Anyone who parks in these designated spots without a permit will be towed.
Also, no parking is permitted on Town streets, alleys, and driveways during the craft show.
Staying in Northern VA
Occoquan AirBnbs fill very quickly for craft show weekends, but some local hotels (in bold) may have a special discount for overnight stays during the festival period.
For any other questions, contact the Events Director at 703-491-1918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please join us for this fantastic event! We welcome you to Occoquan!