Occoquan Fall Arts & Crafts Show
September 23, 2023, 10 am to 5 pm
September 24, 2023, 10 am to 5 pm
Interested vendors should submit the criteria information requested below along with a minimum of 3 photos of your items and 1 of your booth display. Entries will be juried and categories will be limited. Vendors must commit for the entire weekend.
Booth Size: 1 (one) 10 x 10 space
Location: Historic District, Occoquan, Virginia
Fee for the weekend: see Vendor Booth Pricing chart
Satellite parking with shuttle: free
In-town parking: $75
Jury fee: included
Important Application Information
- Applications are accepted and reviewed on a first come, first served basis until the category is full.
- The screening panel makes its determination on the basis of application and images.
- Review criteria includes artistic quality, uniqueness, and craftsmanship.
- Please allow 30 days for the selection process.
- To be accepted into the Crafter/Artist category, all work must be original, handmade, and created by the artist. (Applicants acknowledge the handcrafted nature of their own products by completing the application.) Jury photos may be used in promotional materials.
- Submit 4 photos: 3 photos of your work, 1 photo of your display space. Photos are accepted electronically via the Google application.
- Images should accurately represent only the work that will be sold/displayed.
- Please note any specific requests that you may have on the application form. Requests are considered, but not guaranteed.
- Payment for the space completes your application. Checks will be deposited upon receipt, but this does not necessarily indicate acceptance into the show.
Vendor Booth Pricing
|All vendor booths are 10’X10′ spaces.|
|Fall Arts & Crafts Show 2023||Early Bird||Regular Rate||Premium Rate|
|Deadlines||thru Jun 4, 2023||Jun 5 – Aug 24||Aug 25 – Sep 22|
Vendor Booth Payment
- Application is not complete until payment is received.
- Once the application is processed and accepted, the vendor fee is nonrefundable unless the event is cancelled due to conditions related to health and safety.
- If using credit card to make a payment, please note the nonrefundable 3% convenience fee. Vendors may also pay by check by mailing their booth fees to PO Box 195, Occoquan, VA 22125.
- Registration is not complete without submitted photos, full payment, and a signed application.
Pay By Check, Card, or Cash
- If paying with card, pay online via the application form, at Town Hall, or over the phone. All payments will be subject to a 3% convenience fee.
- If paying with check or money order, make payable to TOWN OF OCCOQUAN.
- Checks will be deposited immediately upon receipt. A deposited check/accepted funds does not guarantee placement. Booth fee payments will be returned to vendors not accepted into the show.
- A $35 fee will be charged each time a check is returned for insufficient funds.
- Checks will be accepted for payment up to two weeks before the event date. After that, credit card, cash, or cashier’s check are required.
Pay By Phone, Mail, Online, or In Person
- Payments can be made by phone, provided an application has been submitted. Call 703-491-1918 to make a payment by phone. Payments made by phone are subject to a 3% convenience fee.
- To mail a payment, make checks payable to the Town of Occoquan and mail to Fall Arts & Crafts Show, PO Box 195, Occoquan, VA 22125. Cash or check payments do not include convenience fees.
- To pay online, complete the billing information requested on the application form.
- Once an application has been completed online, payments may be made at Town Hall, 314 Mill Street, M-F, 9 am to 4 pm or dropped in the overnight drop box located on the front of Town Hall
Special Pricing for In-Town Businesses
Crafters/Artists: All work must be original, handmade, and created by the artist. No t-shirts, imported merchandise or any resale items are allowed in this category. Vendors acknowledge the handcrafted nature of their own products by completing this application. Early entrants’ artwork may be featured in promotional materials.
Commercial: Direct Sales reps and independent designers with ethically sourced or lightly manufactured goods that fit into the show aesthetic should also submit in this category.
Town Business: This category is for those who operate a business within the Town of Occoquan’s corporate limits and have a current business license. Limit: 2 booths.
Food Truck Category: Submit in this category if you cook and serve food from a completely self-contained food truck.
Food Tent Category: Apply in this category if you want to cook and serve food for consumption on the premises. This category includes a $200 refundable clean-up fee, payable at the time of application. Note: This category does not include selling prepackaged foods that are not cooked and served on site for immediate consumption.)
Non-Profit Category: This category is for non-profit (501c3) organizations. Proof of non-profit status is required. Booth spaces for political parties are no longer available.
Junior Entrepreneurs: If applicable, young business owners may be considered for booth space in Conservation Alley in the spring or Imagination Alley in the fall at a reduced rate. Restrictions apply. Please enquire.
In-Town Parking Space Reservations
As this is an outdoor event that takes place along the Town’s streets, parking and vehicle access is restricted within the Town during the show. Most vendors use our free shuttle service for satellite parking, but there are also two convenient parking areas in town for use by vendors that are within the show area.
Spots are very limited and are reserved through payment on a first come basis. If you would like to reserve a parking spot, please indicate the request on your application and pay the $75 reservation fee in addition to the booth space fee. Because our spaces are small, trucks with trailers will need to unhitch and will require two parking spaces.
Please note: Once a vehicle is parked in the lot, it must stay for the duration of the show each day until security deems the streets cleared of pedestrian traffic.
Important Notice for Food Vendors
Food Vendors and, as of June 2022, any Gourmet Food vendors that offer samples, are responsible for all required Prince William County Health Department permits and compliance with regulations. For health permit applications and regulations, please contact:
Prince William County Health District
Division of Environmental Services
8470 Kao Circle
Manassas, VA 20110
- While vendors may cancel at any time, there are no refunds and no transfers from one show to another.
- No booth spaces are ever guaranteed from year to year.
- This is an outdoor event and is held rain or shine.
- Vendors are responsible for their own power, internet connection, shade, tent, tables, chairs, weights, leveling devices, rain gear, and any other items needed as part of an outdoor event.
- All tents must be weighted to prevent them from blowing during a gust.
- Only vendors accepted into this show are permitted to participate. Sharing space with anyone is not permitted.
- Vendors may only exhibit the craft medium for which they were selected.
- Activities and displays must be appropriately family-friendly and are allowed (or not) at the discretion of the director.
- Vendors must participate and have their tables staffed for both days for the full duration of the show.
- Vendors may not distribute material outside of their designated booth space and are not permitted to loudly solicit visitors into their exhibit space. Amplified music is not permitted, with the exception of entertainment contracted by the Event Director.
- All work and displays must stay within the designated booth space. No boxes, extra merchandise or debris should be visible.
- Each exhibitor is expected to clean up and dispose of their own trash throughout the day and each evening before leaving. The Town does not provide trash service for empty vendor boxes and other trash.
- No vehicle traffic is permitted in the show area on Saturday between 8:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. and on Sunday between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- There is no smoking in tent spaces. Pets must be leashed within the tent space and must not be a nuisance to other vendors or show patrons.
- Rude, aggressive, obscene, or abusive language and/or threatening or actual physical restraint and/or abuse of another vendor, staff, or general public is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate removal and banishment from participation in future shows.
- Follow directions of show personnel, clearly identifiable in marked attire and/or vests.
- All local laws must be followed.
The Fall Arts & Crafts Show will be open to the public from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, and from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday. Visitors will park at designated lots and will be transported by shuttle into Town to attend the show. The Fall Arts & Crafts Show will take place RAIN OR SHINE.
Complimentary coffee and pastries will be served at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday and 8:00 a.m. on Sunday at Town Hall, located at 314 Mill Street. We’d love to see you there!
Restrooms and Breaks
A variety of food vendors and portable restrooms will be located throughout the event area for your convenience. Show volunteers are identifiable with designated t-shirts and will be available to assist you should you need to take a break. A booth sitter will watch your booth to prevent theft and inform customers you will return shortly; however, they will not conduct transactions on your behalf.
The Town will provide overnight security to patrol the streets. You do not have to clear your site Saturday evening, but the Town is not responsible for securing individual tents or properties. The Town police will be in contact with local weather authorities and notify the Events and Community Development Director of significant weather affecting the show.
A First Aid Station will be located near the church on the corner of Commerce and Washington Streets at the main entrance to the show. In case of emergency, call 9-1-1.
If you need to contact a show official prior to the start of the show, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Julie Little, Events and Community Development Director, at (703) 491-2168.
Vendors may freely park at designated lots listed below and will be transported by shuttle into Town. Each vendor will be allocated a Vendor Shuttle Bus Pass for this purpose. The shuttle will begin at 7 a.m. and will end approximately 1 hour after the show ends.
Alternatively, limited in-town parking is available in vendor-designated parking lots within the event area. These spaces are available for rent on a limited, first come, first serve basis. Once a vehicle is parked in any of these lots, it must stay for the duration of the show each day until security deems the streets cleared of pedestrian traffic. A parking permit will be allocated to those who choose to rent a space. Anyone who parks in these designated spots without a permit will be towed.
Also, no parking is permitted on Town streets, alleys, and driveways during the craft show.
Staying in Northern VA
Occoquan AirBnbs fill very quickly for craft show weekends, but some local hotels (in bold) may have a special discount for overnight stays during the festival period.
For any other questions, contact the Events Director at 703-491-1918 or email email@example.com. Please join us for this fantastic event! We welcome you to Occoquan!