Vendor Information for the Occoquan Fall Arts & Crafts Show
September 25 & 26, 2021
Below is helpful information for all exhibitors participating in Occoquan Fall Arts & Crafts Show. This information is emailed to all participants once accepted in the show, along with information on your specific booth location.
Please make note of the show’s policies below; all rules and regulations must be followed by all participants.
The Fall Arts & Craft Show will be open to the public from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, and from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday. Visitors will park at the designated lots (see below) and will be transported by shuttle into Town to attend the show. The Town Hall bell will indicate the start and end of each day’s show, as well as any emergency situation including weather warnings during the show. The Fall Arts & Craft Show will take place RAIN OR SHINE.
The Town will provide overnight security to patrol the streets. You do not have to clear your site Saturday evening, but the Town is not responsible for securing individual tents or properties. The Town police will be in contact with local weather authorities and notify the Events and Community Development Director of significant weather affecting the show.
Complimentary coffee and pastries will be served at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, and at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday in the Occoquan Town Hall basement, located at 314 Mill Street. We’d love to see you there!
Restrooms and Breaks
A variety of food vendors and portable restrooms will be located throughout the event area for your convenience. Show volunteers are identifiable with designated t-shirts and will be available to assist you should you need to take a break. A booth sitter will watch your booth to prevent theft and inform customers you will return shortly; however, they will not conduct transactions on your behalf.
A First Aid Station will be located near the church on the corner of Commerce and Washington Streets at the main entrance to the show. In case of emergency, call 9-1-1. Evacuation Map
If you need to contact a show official prior to the start of the show, email email@example.com or call Julie Little, Events and Community Development Director, at (703) 491-2168.
Vendors may freely park at designated lots listed below and will be transported by shuttle into Town. Each vendor will be allocated a Vendor Shuttle Bus Pass for this purpose. The shuttle will begin at 7 a.m. and will end approximately 1 hour after the show ends.
123 Commuter Lot
Corner of Route 123 & Old Bridge Road, Woodbridge
Drop off/Pick Up at Footbridge by River Mill Park
Lake Ridge Commuter Lot
Corner of Old Bridge & Minnieville Roads, Woodbridge
Drop off/Pick Up located at Mom’s Apple Pie
Workhouse Arts Center
9518 Workhouse Rd, Lorton
Drop off/Pick Up under the Rt 123 Bridge
Alternatively, limited in-town parking is available in two vendor-designated parking lots within the event area. These spaces are available for rent on the application or through the Event Director on a first come, first serve basis. Once a vehicle is parked in any of these lots, it must stay for the duration of the show each day until security deems the streets cleared of pedestrian traffic. Spots are very limited. A parking permit will be allocated to those who choose to rent a space. Anyone who parks in these designated spots without a permit will be towed.
Also, no parking is permitted on Town streets, alleys, and driveways during the craft show.
Staying in Northern VA
There are a number of AirBnbs in Occoquan. See their website for details on specific accommodations.
Special rates are also available at area hotels:
Vendor Booth PricingAll vendor booths are 10’X10′ spaces.
|Vendor Type 10’X10′ Booth Space||Fall Craft Show Early Bird RateReceived Before June 7||Fall Craft Show Regular Rate Received After June 7||Fall Craft Show Premium Rate Received After Aug. 31|
|Commercial Products (Buy-Sell)||$375||$400||$450|
|Food (Consumption On-Site)||$475||$500||$550|
|Food Truck (10′ or Less)||$375||$400||$450|
|Food Truck (10′ to 20′)||$425||$450||$500|
Special Pricing for In-Town BusinessesIn-town businesses will continue to receive a discounted price of $125 for a 10’X10′ booth in front of or near your storefront. Please indicate your preferred space on your application; space requests are not guaranteed, but every effort will be made to accommodate merchant space requests. Submit applications by August 30 for the Fall Show to reserve the space in front of your business.
2021 Fall Vendor ApplicationsCrafters/Artists Application: Complete this application if you create your own product. 2021 Crafter-Artist Application Fall Arts & Crafts Show Commercial Product Application: Complete this application if you do not make your own product. Note: Commercial product vendors must have tangible products (not services) for sale at the event. Direct Sales reps and independent designers with ethically sourced or lightly manufactured goods that fit into the show aesthetic should also use this application. 2021 Commercial Application Fall Arts & Crafts Show Food Vendor Application: Complete this application if you want to cook and serve food for consumption on the premises. (This does not include selling prepackaged foods that are not cooked and served on site for immediate consumption.) 2021 Food Vendor Application Fall Arts & Crafts Show Food Truck Vendor Application: Complete this application if you cook and serve food from a completely self-contained food truck. 2021 Food Truck Vendor Application Fall Arts & Crafts Show Occoquan Business Application: Complete this application if you own and operate a business within the Town of Occoquan’s corporate limits. 2021 Town Business Application Fall Arts & Crafts Show Non-Profit Application: Complete this application if you are a non-profit (501c3) organization. Proof of non-profit status is required. 2021 Non-Profit Application Fall Arts & Crafts Show
Parking Space ReservationsAs this is an outdoor event that takes place along the Town’s streets, parking and vehicle access is restricted within the Town during the show. Most vendors use our shuttle service, but the Town has also reserved two parking lots in town for use by vendors that are within the show area. Once a vehicle is parked in the lot, it must stay for the duration of the show each day until security deems the streets cleared of pedestrian traffic. Spots are very limited and are reserved on a first come, first serve basis. If you would like to reserve a parking spot, please indicate the request on your application and pay the $75 reservation fee in addition to the booth space fee. Trucks with trailers will require two parking spaces.
Food VendorsFood Vendors are responsible for all required Prince William County Health Department permits and compliance with regulations. For health permit applications and regulations, please contact: Prince William County Health District Division of Environmental Services 9301 Lee Avenue Manassas, VA 20110 (703) 792-6313
Payment OptionsPlacement in the show will be made once full payment has been received. A deposited check/accepted funds does not guarantee placement. If you are not accepted into the show, you will be notified and your payment will be refunded in full.
Pay Online*Payments made through PayPal incur a 3% service charge and is included in the checkout amount listed.
Pay by Phone or Mail
Policies and Procedures, please read
- Artists may exhibit and sell only products that were represented and accepted by the jurying committee.
- While vendors may cancel at any time, there are no refunds once a vendor has been accepted into the market unless the show is canceled for health or safety.
- Vendors must participate and tables must be staffed for the full duration of the show.
- Each vendor may only sell one medium per booth space.
- This is an outdoor market that takes place rain or shine along the river in Occoquan, VA. As such, the Town is unable to guarantee level display space and each vendor is responsible for their own display materials. Tents, tables, and chairs are not provided. Electricity is not available and generators (unless they are first approved by the director) are not allowed in the vending area.
- All work and displays must stay within the vendor’s designated spot. No boxes, extra merchandise, or debris should be visible. The assigned area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards.
- There is no smoking in tents allowed. No dogs but service animals.
- Vendors may not distribute material outside of their designated booth space or loudly solicit visitors into their exhibit space.
- Trash dumpsters, recycling dumpsters and garbage cans are provided for vendor use. Vendors may not leave garbage on the ground, in a box or neatly stacked near the booth space.
- It is recommended that vendors carry their own insurance policy to cover their actions. The Town of Occoquan is not responsible for loss or damage to exhibitors or vendors.
- Rude, obscene, or abusive language and/or threatening or actual physical restraint and/or abuse of another vendor, staff, or general public is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate removal and banishment from participation in future shows.
- The Events Director will have the final decision on acceptance and denials of applications, as well as placement and category of vendor booths.
- All local laws must be followed.
- Exhibitors may begin setting up after 9 p.m. on Friday night. You may also set up Saturday morning but note ALL CARS need to be removed from town streets NO LATER THAN 8:00AM.
- Unload as quickly as possible, remove your vehicle from Town streets and then proceed with setting up your booth.
- All spaces are 10X10 and clearly marked; tents must be placed within the red dots located on the curb. All boxes, tents, and merchandise must be within the designated 10X10 space.
- Vendors are responsible for their own shade, rain gear, chairs, set-up, tent weights, leveling devices and any other items needed as part of an outdoor event. As this is an outdoor show and unexpected weather situations do occur, all tents must be weighted.
If you have to close your booth early Saturday or Sunday for any reason, notify the Events Director for approval in advance.
- Completely break down your exhibit PRIOR to bringing your vehicle into Town. Pull back from the street, i.e., pack stock, collapse tents, tables and display stands, then bring vehicle into Town.
- Please cooperate with all Traffic Director requests.
Questions or need more information? Contact the Craft Show Director at (703) 491-1918.
Our goal is a successful and pleasant experience for all: exhibitors, vendors, merchants, and the public! Thank you for your cooperation, and have an enjoyable weekend in Occoquan!