Vendor Information for the Occoquan Artisan Markets
May 8 & 9 | June 5 & 6 | July 10 & 11
Below is helpful information for all exhibitors participating in the Occoquan Artisan Markets. This information is emailed to all participants once accepted into the markets, along with information on your specific booth location.
Please make note of the show’s policies below; all rules and regulations must be followed by all participants.
The Occoquan Artisan Markets will be open to the public from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
The markets will take place RAIN OR SHINE. The Town will provide overnight security to patrol the park. You do not have to clear your site Saturday evening, however, the Town is not responsible for securing individual tents or properties. The town police will be in contact with local weather authorities and notify the Events and Community Development Director of significant weather affecting the show.
Restrooms and Breaks
Restrooms are located within the park. Show volunteers are identifiable with designated t-shirts and will be available to assist you should you need to take a break. A booth sitter will watch your booth to prevent theft and inform customers you will return shortly; however, they will not conduct transactions on your behalf.
If you need to contact a show official prior to the start of the show, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Julie Little, Events and Community Development Director, at (703) 491-1918.
Staying in Northern VA
There are a number of AirBnbs in Occoquan. See their website for details on specific accommodations.
Special rates are also available at area hotels:
Vendor Booth PricingAll vendor booths are 10’X10′ spaces.
|May 8 & 9||June 5 & 6||July 10 & 11|
|One 10’ x 10’||FULL||FULL||$275|
|Payment Deadline||April 30, 2021||May 28, 2021||July 2, 2021|
Applying to the Artisan MarketsAn Occoquan Artisan Market Application is available for print here for crafters and artisans. Alternatively, vendors may opt to submit their information electronically via Google form here. All work must be original, handmade, and created by the artist. Vendors acknowledge the handcrafted nature of their own products by completing their application. While buy-sell vendors are not eligible for the Artisan Markets, they may apply to participate in the Fall Arts & Crafts Show. Special Pricing for In-Town Businesses In-town businesses will continue to receive a special discounted rate for a 10’X10′ booth. An application for businesses with a current Occoquan business license can be downloaded here.
Vendor ParkingVendors are required to park with a permit on the access road adjacent to the park.
Payment OptionsPayment in full is due at the time your application is submitted. Placement in the show will be made once full payment has been received. A deposited check/accepted funds does not guarantee placement. If you are not accepted into the market, you will be notified and your payment will be refunded.
Pay Online*An additional 3% service fee is automatically charged when using the convenience of PayPal.
Pay by Phone or MailPayments can be made by phone, provided an application has been submitted. Call 703-491-1918 to make a payment by phone. Payments made by phone are subject to a 3% service charge. To mail a payment, make checks payable to the Town of Occoquan and mail to Occoquan Arts and Crafts Show, PO Box 258, Occoquan, VA 22125. Cash or check payments do not include PayPal service fees. Applications and payments may also be dropped off at Town Hall, 314 Mill Street, M-F, 9 am to 4 pm or dropped in the overnight drop box located on the front of Town Hall.
More InformationQuestions or need more information? Contact the Craft Show Director at (703) 491-2168.
- Artists may exhibit and sell only products that were represented and accepted by the jurying committee.
- While vendors may cancel at any time, there are no refunds once a vendor has been accepted into the market.
- Vendors must participate and tables must be staffed for the full duration of the market.
- Each vendor may only sell one medium per booth space.
- This is an outdoor market that takes place rain or shine along the river in Occoquan, VA. As such, the Town is unable to guarantee level display space and each vendor is responsible for their own display materials. Tents, tables, and chairs are not provided. Electricity is not available and generators (unless they are first approved by the director) are not allowed in the vending area.
- All work and displays must stay within the vendor’s designated spot. No boxes, extra merchandise, or debris should be visible. The assigned area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards.
- There is no smoking in tents allowed. No dogs but service animals.
- Vendors may not distribute material outside of their designated booth space or loudly solicit visitors into their exhibit space.
- Trash dumpsters, recycling dumpsters and garbage cans are provided for vendor use. Vendors may not leave garbage on the ground, in a box or neatly stacked near the booth space.
- It is recommended that vendors carry their own insurance policy to cover their actions. The Town of Occoquan is not responsible for loss or damage to exhibitors or vendors.
- Rude, obscene, or abusive language and/or threatening or actual physical restraint and/or abuse of another vendor, staff, or general public is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate removal and banishment from participation in future shows.
- The Events Director will have the final decision on acceptance and denials of applications, as well as placement and category of vendor booths.
- All local laws must be followed.
- Exhibitors may begin setting up between 6:00 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Friday night. You may also set up Saturday morning but note ALL CARS need to be removed from town streets NO LATER THAN 8:00AM.
- Unload as quickly as possible, remove your vehicle from Town streets and then proceed with setting up your booth.
- All spaces are 10X10 and clearly marked; tents must be placed within the red dots located on the curb. All boxes, tents, and merchandise must be within the designated 10X10 space.
- Vendors are responsible for their own shade, rain gear, chairs, set-up, tent weights, leveling devices and any other items needed as part of an outdoor event. As this is an outdoor show and unexpected weather situations do occur, all tents must be weighted. No tents may be staked in the park.
Parking fees are included in the booth fee rate. Parking is available on the access road parallel to the river. No parking is permitted on Town streets, alleys, and driveways during the markets in the park.
If you have to close your booth early Saturday or Sunday for any reason, notify the Events Director for approval in advance.
- Completely break down your exhibit PRIOR to bringing your vehicle into Town. Pull back from the path, i.e., pack stock, collapse tents, tables and display stands, then bring vehicle into Town.
- Please cooperate with all Traffic Director requests.
Our goal is a successful and pleasant experience for all: exhibitors, vendors, merchants, and the public! Thank you for your cooperation, and have an enjoyable weekend in Occoquan!