• Artists may exhibit and sell only products that were represented and accepted by the jurying committee.
• While vendors may cancel at any time, there are no refunds once a vendor has been accepted into the market unless the market is cancelled for reasons of health and safety.
• Vendors must participate and tables must be staffed for the full duration of the market.
• Each vendor may only sell one medium per booth space.
• This is an outdoor market that takes place rain or shine along the river in Occoquan, VA. As such, the Town is unable to guarantee level display space and each vendor is responsible for their own display materials. Tents, tables, and chairs are not provided. Electricity is not available and generators (unless they are first approved by the director) are not allowed in the vending area.
• All work and displays must stay within the vendor’s designated spot. No boxes, extra merchandise, or debris should be visible. The assigned area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards.
• There is no smoking in tents allowed. No dogs but service animals.
• Vendors may not distribute material outside of their designated booth space or loudly solicit visitors into their exhibit space.
• Trash dumpsters, recycling and garbage cans are provided for vendor use. Vendors may not leave garbage on the ground, in a box or neatly stacked near the booth space.
• It is recommended that vendors carry their own insurance policy to cover their actions. The Town of Occoquan is not responsible for loss or damage to exhibitors or vendors.
• Rude, obscene, or abusive language and/or threatening or actual physical restraint and/or abuse of another vendor, staff, or general public is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate removal and banishment from participation in future shows.
• The Events Director will have the final decision on acceptance and denials of applications, as well as placement and category of vendor booths.
• All local laws must be followed.
- Exhibitors may begin setting up 6 pm on Friday night and 8am on Saturday. ALL CARS need to be removed from town streets NO LATER THAN 8:00AM.
- Unload as quickly as possible, remove your vehicle from Town streets and then proceed with setting up your booth. Please show courtesy to your fellow exhibitors.
- All spaces are 10X10 and clearly marked. Tents must be placed within the red dots located on the curb. All boxes, tents, and merchandise must be within the designated 10X10 space.
- Only one vehicle per exhibitor will be allowed in Town at a time.
- Vendors are responsible for their own shade, rain gear, chairs, set-up, tent weights, leveling devices and any other items needed as part of an outdoor event. As this is an outdoor show and unexpected weather situations do occur, all tents must be weighted. No tents may be staked in River Mill Park.
- No parking is permitted on Town streets, alleys, and driveways during the festival.
- If you have to close your booth early Saturday or Sunday for any reason, notify the Events and Community Development Director for approval in advance. If you depart the show without notifying and obtaining approval from the Director, you will not be allowed to participate in future shows.
- Completely break down your exhibit PRIOR to bringing your vehicle into Town. Pull back from the center of the street, i.e., pack stock, collapse tents, tables and display stands, then bring vehicle into Town.
- Never block the center of the street. Leave an open lane for traffic flow.
- Please cooperate with all Traffic Director requests.
Our goal is a successful and pleasant experience for all: exhibitors, vendors, merchants, and the public! Thank you for your cooperation, and have an enjoyable weekend in Occoquan!