Please join us this summer for great entertainment at River Mill Park! The Town of Occoquan is proud to announce this summer’s Music & Movies on Mill, a free summer concert and movie series featuring family-friendly entertainment. Concerts are held on first Friday and third Saturday evenings at River Mill Park, 458 Mill Street. Concerts are held from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm; movies begin at sundown. Guests are invited to bring a blanket or lawn chairs and head down to the park for family-friendly entertainment as well as stunning views of the Occoquan River. These events are free and open to the public. We are planning a great line-up this summer with something for everyone: Pop, Rock, Blues, Americana, and Traditional tunes, plus movies and fun for kids!
2019 Music & Movies on Mill
Friday, May 3: Maggie Shot Burns (90’s Covers)
Saturday, May 18: Cheley Tackett (Americana)
Friday, June 7: Up All Night (Rock)
Saturday, June 15: Movie: Back to the Future (begins at sundown, approx. 8:30pm)
Friday, July 5: The Sidleys (Rock/Soul)
Saturday, July 20: JD and the Rhythm Section (Blues/Soul/Funk)
Friday, August 2: Movie: Mary Poppins Returns (begins at sundown, approx. 8:15pm)
Saturday, August 17: James Drakes with special guest, The Lone Pines (Acoustic Rock)
Friday, September 6: Livin’ The Dream (Classic Rock)
Saturday, September 21: Movie: Breakfast at Tiffany’s (begins at sundown, approx. 7:00pm)
Special Events also at River Mill Park this summer!
Saturday, May 18: Be sure to join us for our Beer Garden in the Park, featuring Water’s End Brewery from 4pm-8pm, with award-winning Nashville singer, songwriter Cheley Tackett and local favorite, Joe Downer, as our musical guests.
Kids’ Summer Kickoff!
Sunday, June 23: In conjunction with several kids’ summer fun activities in town, we welcome Rocknoceros back for some kids rock, from 3-5pm.
The Band of the Nation’s Capital
Saturday, August 10: 257th Army Band (Traditional) comes back to River Mill Park for an upbeat and heartwarming concert, from 7-8:30pm.
In the event of rain, call 703-491-2168 two hours before the event for information, or see the Town of Occoquan Facebook page: www.facebook.com/townofoccoquan.
Sponsorships for 2019 are available now. Download our Sponsorship Brochure here. Sponsors receive the benefit of having their business or organization recognized in a variety of ways prior to and during the event:
- A banner with your company’s name and logo displayed at River Mill Park throughout the entire series.
- Company logo and name listed in all event advertising and on the Town of Occoquan’s website for one year.
- Profiles and special promotions on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with a combined reach of over 12,500.
- Listings on multiple online local calendars including InsideNova, What’s Up Prince William, and Potomac Local.
- Event flyers with company logo displayed and distributed at local retailers and participating restaurants as well as at Occoquan’s Town Hall and community parks.
- Sponsorship exclusivity as well a 10 x 10 exhibit space during each event.
If you wish to sponsor an event this summer, e-mail the Events Director or call (703) 491-2168.