Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Investments, Inc. will redevelop 401, 403, 405, 407, and 411 Mill Street. On July 6, 2021, the Town Council approved the project’s Preliminary Site Plan and two (2) Special Use Permits for uses permitted only as special exceptions with conditions. The Special Use Permits are:
- SE2018-01: Residential units within the B-1 District
- SE2018-03: Average building height to exceed 35 feet
Project Progress and Updates
Updated February 24, 2022
The Applicant is continuing to work through the land development process with the Town and other applicable agencies. Next steps include, but are not limited to, completion of the Final Site Plan, ARB review of the Riverwalk extension design, and other requirements of applicable agencies.
Architectural Review Board – February 22, 2022
On February 22, 2022, the Architectural Review Board approved a Certificate of Appropriateness for the exterior of the building.
View the ARB Meeting Agenda Packet
Town Council Action – July 6, 2021
On July 6, 2021, Town Council approved the project’s preliminary site plan and granted two special use permits with conditions.
View the Town Council Meeting Agenda Packet
Town Council Documents – June 15, 2021 Public Hearing
Town Council held a public hearing on the two Special Exception applications on Tuesday, June 15, 2021. After receiving presentations from Town staff and the Applicant, and receiving public comment, the Town Council closed the public hearing.
View the Town Council Meeting Agenda Packet (Includes Public Hearing Documentation)
Public Hearing Audio Recording (WMA File)
Staff Presentation – June 15, 2021 (PDF)
Applicant Presentation Materials – June 15, 2021 (PDF)
- Staff Report – June 3, 2021
- Applicant (Amended) Special Exception Applications – May 13, 2021
- Applicant Comment Response Letter – May 18, 2021 (Revised)
- Applicant Conditions Comment/Update Chart – May 13, 2021
- Preliminary Site Plan – May 13, 2021
- Updated Project Renderings – June 2, 2021
- Elevation Comparison Rendering – June 4, 2021
- Notice of Public Hearing
Planning Commission Documents – January 26, 2021 Public Hearing
The documents provided below are previous materials submitted by the Applicant and reviewed by the Planning Commission during a public hearing on January 26, 2021. The Planning Commission recommended approval to the Town Council with conditions as outlined in PCR2021-01B. After the Planning Commission Public Hearing the Applicant requested that the Town Council public hearing be postponed to allow the Applicant time to review and amend their Special Exception applications. On May 13, 2021, the Applicant submitted revised applications and materials for Town Council consideration, for which a public hearing with the Town Council was held on June 15, 2021.
- Special Exception Applications (Revised) and Comment Letter – November 6, 2020
- Applicant Comment Letter – December 28, 2020
- Preliminary Site Plan (6th Submission) – December 23, 2020
- Staff Report – January 13, 2021
- Updated Project Renderings – January 15, 2021
- Updated Project Renderings, Water Side – January 19, 2021
- January 26, 2021 Planning Commission Public Hearing (Recording)
- January 16, 2021 Applicant Presentation Materials
- PCR-2021-01B Planning Commission Recommend Approval with Conditions