The Mill at Occoquan Project
Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Investments, Inc. proposes redevelopment of 401, 403, 405, 407, and 411 Mill Street as a seven (7) story mixed-use project, which includes two (2) full stories of below ground parking, one (1) level of commercial with parking, four (4) levels of residential, plus a penthouse and an observation deck.
The developer requests approval of the Preliminary Site Plan and three (3) Special Use Permits for uses permitted only as special exceptions, as follows:
- SE2018-01: 80 multifamily residential units within the B-1 District
- SE2018-02: Proposed average building height to a maximum of 79 feet
- SE2018-03: Location of the proposed building to the right of way line of Mill Street
Town Council March 2 Public Hearing – Postponed
The Town Council expects to defer to a future date the public hearing originally scheduled for March 2 for the Mill at Occoquan project’s special exception applications. The applicant has requested the postponement to allow additional time to review and respond to comments received since the Planning Commission public hearing. Once the public hearing has been rescheduled, we will readvertise and share information on the Town’s website and in the Town’s monthly newsletter.
Planning Commission Recommendation
The Planning Commission held a public hearing on the Special Exception Requests on January 26, 2021 at Town Hall and via Zoom. View the Planning Commission Agenda Packet.
After the public hearing, the Planning Commission took action and recommended approval of the three special exception applications with both staff conditions and revised conditions imposed by the Planning Commission. In addition, the Planning Commission also recommended approval of the preliminary site plan.
Next Steps – Town Council Public Hearing
Town Council will hold a public hearing on the special exception applications. Once a public hearing date is rescheduled, the meeting will be readvertised and information will be shared on the Town’s website and through the Town’s normal communication channels.
- January 26, 2021 Planning Commission Public Hearing (Recording)
- January 16, 2021 Applicant Presentation Materials
- PCR-2021-01B Planning Commission Recommend Approval with Conditions
- September 23, 2020 Public Meeting on The Mill at Occoquan Project (Recording)
- September 23, 2020 Project Presentation Materials
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Mitigation Strategies – October 2019