The Mill at Occoquan Project
Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Investments, Inc. proposes redevelopment of 401, 403, 405, 407, and 411 Mill Street as a seven (7) story mixed-use project, which includes two (2) full stories of below ground parking, one (1) level of commercial with parking, four (4) levels of residential, plus a penthouse and an observation deck.
The developer requests approval of the Preliminary Site Plan and three (3) Special Use Permits for uses permitted only as special exceptions, as follows:
- SE2018-01: 80 multifamily residential units within the B-1 District
- SE2018-02: Proposed average building height to a maximum of 79 feet
- SE2018-03: Location of the proposed building to the right of way line of Mill Street
Planning Commission Public Hearing: January 26
The Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on the Preliminary Site Plan and the Special Exception Requests on January 26, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. at Town Hall, 314 Mill Street, Occoquan, VA 22125. View the Planning Commission Agenda Packet.
Limited seating will be available for in-person attendance; however, the meeting will be available via Zoom for electronic participation.
Zoom Participation Registration
To participate electronically, please register in advance. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Sign up to Speak in Advance
Submit Questions and Comments in Advance
If you are attending the public hearing via Zoom and in addition to or instead of speaking during the public hearing you wish to submit questions or comments in writing, please submit such questions or comments in advance to the Town Manager. All questions and comments received by 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 26, 2021, will be distributed to the Planning Commission and Applicant and included as part of the meeting record.
To submit your questions or comments in advance, email Town Manager Kirstyn Jovanovich with your name, address and comments/questions and include “Public Hearing Comments” in the subject line. You will receive an email confirmation upon receipt.
- Special Exception Applications (Revised) and Comment Letter – November 6, 2020
- Applicant Comment Letter – December 28, 2020
- Preliminary Site Plan – December 23, 2020
- Staff Report – January 13, 2021
- Updated Project Renderings – January 15, 2021
- Updated Project Renderings, Water Side – January 19, 2021
- Notice of Public Hearing – January 14 & 21, 2021