The Mill at Occoquan Project
Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Investments, Inc. proposes redevelopment of 401, 403, 405, 407, and 411 Mill Street. The developer requests approval of the Preliminary Site Plan and two (2) Special Use Permits for uses permitted only as special exceptions, as follows:
- SE2018-01: Residential units within the B-1 District
- SE2018-03: Average building height to exceed 35 feet
Project Update Summary
On May 13, 2021, the Applicant submitted amended Special Exception applications and Preliminary Site Plan. The most significant changes since the last submission include:
- Applicant has withdrawn special exception application SE2018-02, setback exception request
- Eliminated one floor of the building and roof-top observation deck
- Increased setback
- Reduced residential unit count from 80 to 52 units
- Reduced building height from 79 to 55 feet
- Reduced total commercial square footage
- Eliminated bump-outs along proposed Riverwalk
Updated project documents are available below.
Town Council Public Hearing: June 15, 7:00 pm
The Applicant has submitted revised special exception applications and preliminary site plan for the Mill at Occoquan project. The Town Council will hold a public hearing on the applications on June 15, 2021, at 7:00 pm at Town Hall, 314 Mill Street. In-person seating will be limited and first come, first serve. The public hearing will be made available for virtual participation via Zoom. Please register in advance to attend via Zoom.
Sign up to Speak
If you will be participating remotely via Zoom and would like to speak during the public hearing, please provide your name and address to the Town Clerk by 12 p.m. on Tuesday, June 15, 2021. Signing up in advance does not require you to speak; you may choose to speak or not speak at the time you are called. If you are attending in-person, you may sign up to speak at the meeting.
Each speaker will have three (3) minutes to speak.
Submit Written Comments
If you would like to submit written comments, please submit your comments to the Town Clerk 12 p.m. on Tuesday, June 15, 2021. Written comments received by the deadline will be incorporated into the record.
- Staff Report – June 3, 2021
- Applicant (Amended) Special Exception Applications – May 13, 2021
- Applicant Comment Response Letter – May 18, 2021 (Revised)
- Applicant Conditions Comment/Update Chart – May 13, 2021
- Preliminary Site Plan – May 13, 2021
- Updated Project Renderings – June 2, 2021
- Elevation Comparison Rendering – June 4, 2021
- Notice of Public Hearing
Planning Commission Documents – January 26, 2021 Public Hearing
The documents provided below are previous materials submitted by the Applicant and reviewed by the Planning Commission during a public hearing on January 26, 2021. The Planning Commission recommended approval to the Town Council with conditions as outlined in PCR2021-01B. After the Planning Commission Public Hearing the Applicant requested that the Town Council public hearing be postponed to allow the Applicant time to review and amend their Special Exception applications. On May 13, 2021, the Applicant submitted revised applications and materials for Town Council consideration, for which a public hearing with the Town Council has been scheduled on June 15, 2021.
- Special Exception Applications (Revised) and Comment Letter – November 6, 2020
- Applicant Comment Letter – December 28, 2020
- Preliminary Site Plan (6th Submission) – December 23, 2020
- Staff Report – January 13, 2021
- Updated Project Renderings – January 15, 2021
- Updated Project Renderings, Water Side – January 19, 2021
- January 26, 2021 Planning Commission Public Hearing (Recording)
- January 16, 2021 Applicant Presentation Materials
- PCR-2021-01B Planning Commission Recommend Approval with Conditions