Kayak Ramp Project Update
Test drilling has been completed and the Contractor’s engineer has given approval for the piles to be test driven. The Contractor will be using the parking spaces in the parking area under the Rt. 123 Bridge, by the guardrail, as a staging area to complete the work. The Project Manager is working with the Contractor to complete the pile driving process prior to February 15th .
For additional information, please contact the Town Manager.
Project Background Information
In 2013, the Town was awarded a grant through the Federal Highway Administration’s Recreational Trails Program (RTP) for the construction of an ADA non-motorized watercraft launch under the Route 123 Bridge. The intent of the project is to provide free water access to the community, including for persons with ambulatory disabilities. This project is consistent with the Town’s Comprehensive Plan to increase pedestrian access to the water and will facilitate access to the Town for non-motorized watercraft users on the Occoquan River.
The Town has obtained/renewed/extended all required permitting as necessary.:
- Marine Resource Commission (VMRC) Permit, VMRC#2012-1293 (extended to 11/31/21)
- Army Corps of Engineers, 18-RP-19 (extended to 9/5/23)
- VDOT Land Use Permit, 948-46789
- US Department of the Interior, Project Review Certification
- Section 106 National Historic Preservation Act
- Town of Occoquan Approved Site Plan
- Project Manager has been Selected: Rick DeMerle (DeMerle Construction Management LLC)
- Project Kick-off Meeting Held with Town Engineer, Project Manager, Contractor-Delta Marine 10/23/19
- Town Manager, Town Engineer, Project Manager Meeting Held with PWC Building Department 10/31/19
- Construction documents signed by Town/Contractor
- Confirmation with Contractor that work can continue work after 2/15/19 on other portions of dock-once pilings are installed
- Change Order Drafted/Signed by both parties for Completion of PWC Commercial Building Permit process
- FY 2020 Budget Amendment #2020-001 (Recognizing/Appropriating Grant Funding) under Council Consideration
- Work through PWC Commercial Building Permit process
- Project Construction