​Building Permits - Prince William County

Prince William County administers the building official program within the Town of Occoquan. All plan reviews, building and trade permits and other building official services are issued by Prince William County at 5 County Complex Court, Prince William, VA 22192.  No permits will be issued or plans reviewed by the County until zoning approval is issued by the Town of Occoquan; please contact Town Hall prior to requesting permits from the County. Visit the Prince William County Building Development Division website for forms, frequently asked questions, fees and more information.

Contact Prince William County's Building Development Division

5 County Complex Court

Prince William, VA 22192

Phone: (703) 792-6930

Counter Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4 pm

Automated 24-hour Telephone Plan Review Status and Inspection Scheduling/Status Line: (866) 457-5280

Email Building Development Division

​​Zoning Requests - Town of Occoquan

A zoning approval is required before starting a use, erecting a structure or building, obtaining building and trade permits or obtaining certificates of occupancy within the Town of Occoquan.  Applications must be submitted to Town Hall, 314 Mill Street, Occoquan, VA 22125, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4 pm.  The Town's Zoning Administrator is a contractual employee.  For zoning related questions, please contact Town Hall at (703) 491-1918.

Zoning Request Application

Zoning and Engineering Fee Schedule

View the Town's Fee Schedule.  All fees are due at the time the applications are submitted to the Town. Cash or check only. Make checks payable to the Town of Occoquan. 

Land Development Forms - Town of Occoquan

Land development within the Town of Occoquan require certain agreements and bonding before work can begin on the project. The applicable forms are below. (Reference the Town Code for specific information regarding land development within the Town.)

Site Plan Application

​Subdivision Application

Tree Removal Request

Land Disturbance Permit

Performance Agreement - Site/Subdivision Improvements

Performance Agreement - Erosion and Sediment Control

Performance Agreement - Stormwater Management

Performance Agreement - Landscaping

Cash Bond

Performance Bond

Irrevocable Letter of Credit

Maintenance Forms and Bonds

Once a project is completed and before associated bonds are released, the town requires a one-year maintenance bond to be posted.  The applicable forms are below.

Maintenance Agreement

Maintenance Agreement - Cash Bond

Maintenance Agreement - Surety Bond

Zoning, Land Development and Building

 Welcome to the Official Site for the Town of Occoquan, VA